Saturday, November 19, 2011

Did anyone see this news article with Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080408/us_n鈥?/a>





Is that picture what the illegals want Mexico to be? Will people boycott buying their vodka over this? Shouldn't it get people angry at them for even running such a ad in the first place?|||Yes, - I did see it...





It is unfortunate that 'Absolut' did not have the wisdom of foresight to understand the serious repercussions of this ill-timed ad.


As short-lived as the ad was, - I feel that 'Absolut' will see a marked deleterious effect on their bottom-line because of it - for a boycott of 'Absolut' by many pi$$ed-off Americans is all but inevitable.





At this moment I have 3/4 of a bottle of 'Absolut' vodka stored in my freezer which, following this post, - I am going to store down my drain.





!!! BOYCOTT 'ABSOLUT' !!!


-|||i guess that poked the american racists pretty hard.......





too funny|||I did not see any questions about this, so I asked one just a few minutes ago, before seeing yours.








I also asked about a boycot aginst Absolute Vodka.


______________________________________鈥?br>




Xialou , how is this a racist issue ????





You need to understand that releasing material aginst a country is a attack insault on all the people of that country, and not a racist issue.|||I called the company and had someone hang up on me. Ridiculous! I for one will NEVER purchase another beverage from that company. Hit them in the pocket and they'll get the message for sure.|||As much as it was in ill-taste toward the US, it was still pretty damn funny.


Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I appreciate good humor.


That said, I still won't buy Absolut; not because of the ad, but because there are better vodkas out there.|||It is difficult to understand when people use such fantasy as a justification for something they actually act on. But going past that... and past the boycott... perhaps a step toward addressing the overall problem is to deduct the total of the public expenses for dealing with illegals from the foreign aid given to the respective countries from which the illegal aliens came from... carrying a negative balance forward if need be. If that proves insufficient then a tariff should also be placed on all goods originating from that country that enters the US in an amount sufficient to cover our public costs here. Those cost should include unemployment paid to US workers displaced by illegal aliens as well as off-shoring. I imagine it would all slide to a halt real quick if we did that.|||This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with race. It has to do with 2 seperate countries. One of them trying to take over America!! It's bullshit!!|||No, not at all.


I am going out to buy some of it now.|||People are too funny! boycott this boycott that! just have a shot of vodka and relax!





This is an ad that a company from Sweden came up with as a sales tactic, and now it's the "Big Headline News". Well, they now know that a lot of people that didn't know about them, are going to do some research.|||So the Mexicans take over the West coast.......Mexico will then just be a Larger shithole then it is now! What would they accomplish??|||Dear Old dirty the 4th,


that territory belonged to Mexico in 1849 so it's not a "trying to make Mexico bigger" thing because Mexico was in fact that big...it's just that the U.S. screwed Mexico over just as they screw everyone else. How do you think the U.S. was created? By screwing over native americans. In fact, U.S. killed many of them. Pretty much a genocide. So don't worry, it's not an ad depicting an evil plan. On the contrary, it is shedding light upon America's discriminatory views on immigration and how often immigration is immediately associated with Mexicans when in fact they are not the only immigrant group in the U.S. So I suggest to dust off your history books because everyone is responsible to know the past...and I mean the REAL past, not just the U.S. version of it.





Get your history straight and learn how to read a map!

No comments:

Post a Comment